35 Years of Stunning Silver Soars into 2021!
Why is the American Silver Eagle one of the most collected coins in the world? Is it because of its United States provenance and guaranteed silver purity? Or maybe it’s due to its 34 years of history, originating in the Reagan administration as a way to spur private silver ownership? Perhaps it’s a result of the coin’s stunning combination of Adolph A. Weinman’s classic Walking Liberty with John Mercanti’s heraldic eagle? There’s only one clear answer: It’s because of ALL those reasons — and more!
Final Release of John Mercanti’s Heraldic Eagle
What makes these 2021-dated coins so significant is that they will be the final Silver Eagles to feature John Mercanti’s Heraldic Eagles design that appears on the reverse. The U.S. Mint had announced that 2020 would be the last year to feature the design, but in the fall it confirmed that it would begin its production run of 2021 dated Brilliant Uncirculated bullion Silver Eagles with John Mercanti’s original reverse design, and complete the 2021 run with the new reverse design. This coin was given a Type-1 pedigree to note that it bears the original Mercanti Heraldic Eagle Reverse design. It represents a monumental year for the Silver Eagle Series with a first and a last in the same year of the Mint’s most popular coin!
No matter why you love collecting American Silver Eagles or how you’ve come to appreciate them, we have the 2021 Silver Eagles that are right and ready for your collection. Whether you love them for their art or for their precious metal (or both!) we have Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition bullion coins sure to delight collectors and silver stackers alike!
- WEINMAN’S CLASSIC WALKING LIBERTY . . .— Adolph A. Weinman’s iconic Walking Liberty design first made its debut on the 1916 half dollar, lasting three decades before bowing out in 1947. In 1986, this iconic image was reborn for the Silver Eagle with her exquisitely detailed beauty remaining on the coin ever since.
- . . . PAIRED FOR THE FINAL TIME WITH JOHN MERCANTI’S HERALDIC EAGLE! – This coin's stoic and symbolic heraldic eagle was created by designer John Mercanti — the most prolific coin and medal designer in United States Mint history! This will be the LAST time the U.S. Mint will use this design and will replace it with a new reverse later in 2021.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – The craftspeople of the U.S. Mint are known around the world for their skill and attention to detail. It's this talent that transforms each one-ounce planchet of 99.9% fine silver into a beautiful piece of numismatic art.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – Each 2021 Silver Eagle bullion coin is one dollar United States of America legal tender, as seen on the coin’s reverse.
- GORGEOUS BU CONDITION – That’s right – you'll receive your coin the exact same way we do at our vaults, meaning your Silver Eagle will come in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, exactly as it left the U.S. Mint.
- TYPE 1 DESIGNATION – This coin was given the Type-1 pedigree to note that it bears the original Mercanti Heraldic Eagle Reverse design.
Silver Eagles like these are perennial favorites, usually flying out of our vaults as soon as they arrive! Whether you're new to the series, a diehard collector or a silver stacker looking to add to your reserve, this is your chance to secure these 2021 Silver Eagles for your very own. Don't wait — order yours today!
DID YOU KNOW?
- American Silver Eagles are guaranteed by the United States government for purity and weight.
- This Type-1 2021 American Silver Eagle is the final Brilliant Uncirculated release to feature Mercanti's original reverse design.
- The American Silver Eagle in Brilliant Uncirculated condition is IRA eligible.
- According to the U.S. Mint, American Silver Eagles are one of the best-selling silver coins.
Last but not least, Whether you want to admit it or not, the 1 oz American Silver Eagle in 2021 is more collectible than any coin in the world!
Quality / Type: Bullion, Uncirculated
Purity: 99.9% silver
Silver Weight: 1 troy ounce (31.103 grams)
Diameter: 1.598 inches (40.6 mm)
Obverse Design: Walking Liberty
Reverse Design: Eagle with Shield